1. I’ve been on my couch most of the day watching International House Hunters on HGTV for reasons I can’t explain. My wife put it on and for some reason I got hooked. Through the window, I noticed some new people moving in across the street. As I ate pizza on the couch, I thought, being a mover must be the crappiest job ever. Moving stuff sucks. I’d rather sell oranges on the side of the road than be a mover. Also, who moves on New Year’s Eve?
2. By the way, HGTV only has like 3 different commercials that aren’t HGTV commercials for other shows. Here are the three products: a Trojan women’s massage thing, pet breath spray, and pajama jeans. Hmmm… they’ve got their market pretty much narrowed down, huh? Single lady cat owners who have no shot at being with a man that would prefer to wear comfortable stretchy pants instead of real clothes.
3. I was thinking of names I would name a boy if I ever had a kid. For some reason the name Franklin came to mind. How come no one ever names their kid Franklin anymore? It’s not like one of those names that have officially been retired, like Adolf. I bet there are some German’s who would love to use that name again, but, alas, it can never be. I always wanted to name my first born O.J. Simpson but I guess I can’t anymore.
4. We had some drinks with friends last night, and my sister-in-law made a joke about forgetting to brush her teeth sometimes before work. I thought it was funny but she kind of got some uncomfortable snickers and look-aways from some of the people at the table. I tried to jump in and save her by saying that I forget to wear deodorant all the time. That got less snickers and more look-aways. We both felt stupid.
5. The Incredible Hulk is the worst comic book character ever. I’ve wanted to write that for some time. So he’s super strong, right? Well, shouldn’t all of the magical and mind controlling characters be able to do whatever that want with him? Whenever that happens, the writers go, nah-ah! His mind’s so strong it can fight people out of his mind.
I hate the Hulk so much.
6. My New Year’s resolution is to be less bitter and jealous of other bloggers. There is a blog that is probably the biggest humor blog out there that is not funny at all to me (no, I’m not talking about your blog. Your blog isn’t the biggest blog!). I always read it and never laugh. It makes me think there is something wrong with me because I don’t think it’s funny and everyone else does. I will no longer be bitter or jealous of it – even if it is awful. Just awful.