Friday, December 17, 2010

Is that Me?

Do people ever watch movies or television, see a character that strongly resembles them, and have some sort of epiphany? Watch this video of Anne Hathaway on Saturday Night Live. If you don’t have the time to watch the whole thing, skip to the 1:08 mark and just get the image.




The character is in line at Wal-Mart on Black Friday hopped up on Four Loco (that’s malt liquor mixed with energy drink to you alcohol neophytes) with fried hair and in need of getting her roots fixed.
I wonder if there if someone at home, mouth agape thinking, Hey! I look like that; they’re making fun of me. All of this person’s friends see the episode too, and, likewise, have put the connection together. She starts getting texts and people at work ask her about it. “Do you know Anne Hathaway? She did a dead on impression of you. Y’all must have spent some time together.”
The woman then goes on to reevaluate her life. Are they making fun of me? How are they making fun of me? Why are they making fun of me? At this point, there are a few logical and semi-logical paths she can go down. A logical path would be to tone down these quirks. The most likely path, the semi-logical one, would be to blame the stupid, liberal media for making fun of normal Americans. Who do they think they are? Where they at? Well, I’ma represent! Where’s my American flag jean jacket at?
This woman either goes on to straighten out her life or takes it as a compliment and kicks it up a few notches. Either way, society is better off.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure I know her and she always needs to get her roots done. Take it from me, you don't want to make her mad.

    ReplyDelete